Friday, October 5, 2012

Love or Love Seat??

        I want a new living room set!!!!!! I've been wanting, wishing, and praying for a new living room. I even wrote a letter to Santa!! Forget a new set, I just need a sofa. As of right now the only thing in the living is the dog's cage, an Xbox,  T.V., the stand everything sits on, and a whole lot of empty space. Yes, I really did move into a full fledged bachelors pad. Where there should have been a sofa use to be a large air mattress that my husband did NOT want to part with (but once our bull mastiff got a hold to it he had no choice!).  I have been begging for a sofa, at least, for the longest. I pulled some special tricks out the bag and finally got him to at least take me to Value City to look at sofas. Well look is all we did there because I didn't see my dream couch there. My husband isn't one for shopping and I knew if I didn't do something quick my search would be over. And I was not about to have that!! I'm almost ashamed to admit what I did to make sure our search continued, but I was desperate so I cried. Yeah I said it, I CRIED!! Right there in the store I started tearing up over my sofa. I sure did. And those alligator tears had him waking  up the next day and taking me other places to continue my search. Our search can to a happy end when I found the perfect sofa and love seat set. I originally wanted a sectional but the set was so nice (cheap!). I sat on it and could see myself curling up in the corner of it with a blanket and a bowl of popcorn watching a good movie on LMN. I knew I had to have it!! Well I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but the girl that sold all of the furniture was an "old friend" of my hubby's, so we got a good deal. Oh and don't worry I was watching her friendly ass. Hussy.... oops!! Any who. After setting a date for delivery we went home and I waited like a child waiting for Christmas. When delivery day got here I was up and dressed way to early. I was so anxious!! Finally I heard the sweetest sound ever: a knock at my door. I almost jumped on top of the delivery guy when I opened the door. They brought the sofa to the door and no matter what they did or how hard they tried the sofa wasn't going to fit. ugh!!!! My smile was slowly turning into a frown and I could feel myself getting ready to scream. When the delivery guys finally gave up the fight with the sofa he came to me and said "this sofa isn't getting through this door ma'am I'm sorry. You want everything else though?? I mean you still have a love seat out here. Maybe you can pair it up with some little recliners or something" I couldn't believe it! I felt like excepted defeat much to soon and now he wanted to break my set and leave me sofa-less. I wanted to cuss, to scream, to slap somebody... anybody!! The only thing I could say was "Love Seat? My husband is too tall for a love seat. I can't kick him out the room to sleep on a love seat! Just take it all back." Now I'm sitting here looking sick with no furniture in my living room. They say patience is a virtue but the way I feel right now, I wish I would have taken the love seat still. My husband can sleep on the floor as far as i'm concerned right now. Ugh!
                                   Signed,
                                             The New Navy Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment