Thursday, October 4, 2012

Life Is so Different Now!!

     I remember when I was a little girl how different I was from other little girls. I didn't play with barbie dolls; I liked bugs and climbing trees. When all the little girls watched Disney movies and dreamed about happily ever after, I just wanted to be a high powered attorney living in the fast lane with no kids and no husband. Boy how things have changed!!! Somewhere down the line I must have changed my mind because I am now a wife and mother!!
    I don't know where Justin came from but we had an instant connection and I feel head over hills. I just knew there was nobody like him in the world. I remember telling my best friend, Tamara, that he was the one that I wanted to spend my life with and that we were going to be married. My mother always told me there was power in the tongue because the next thing you know I was running off to the court house to become Mrs. McGowen.
   But let me back up!! Before Justin came in my life I was your normal carefree girl. I did work hard but that was so I could pay what bills I had and have plenty of money left to blow. I didn't have any kids so I could come and go as I pleased. I was hardly ever home!! So when I met Justin, a single parent, I didn't really think we were going to be much more than friends. Hell, I met him on Facebook!! Oh I was so wrong!! I think the day I met his son was the scariest day ever for some reason. I had never dated anyone with children and now it was like I had to impress this 4yr old!! And let me tell you little Justin is one tough cookie!! I think seeing Justin with his son made me fall harder for him. He is a great dad! But like most women who are with a man with kids from a previous relationship I didn't want any drama with the mother. And there is almost always drama with the "baby mama". But no for me. Sadly the mother of his son is diseased and I didn't have to worry about stepping on any toes which is something I never wanted to do. Little Justin is an absolute sweet heart! My family loves him and my parents are excited about having a second grandchild. My nephew absolutely adores his new cousin. It is great and warms me to see everyone together. But do you see what I mean when I mean when I say things have changed? As of August 16th 2012 I officially became a mother and wife!! I have my own little family!!
    Married life is hard!!!!! They say the first 2 months are the hardest and they are most certainly right!! Justin and I have never fought so much!! He acts like a child and he still thinks he lives alone. He is sooo inconsiderate! I am in a totally new place I know no one and VA is huge!! So its hard for me being so far from home with no family. Plenty of times I have threatened to go home and I know if we can make it to month 3 then we are meant to be. LOL!! As I sit here and watch the Jerry Springer Show (I don't know why I'm watching this) I realize that my relationship isn't that bad and we are blessed but this marriage thing is hard!!
   This blog will be my salvation. A place were i can take my thoughts and kind of vent. I need this. I dint care if no one sees this. This is for ME!!
                               signed,
                                         The New Navy Wife

 

No comments:

Post a Comment